Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let the Races Begin!

The Salt Lake Running Company put on a FREE 5K and thank goodness for facebook or I wouldn't have known about it!  I am doing a weight loss blog thing so I posted about it and a bunch of people signed up.  I love that when we got there Allie called me and said "Um there is snow on the ground, is this thing still happening?" HA! love her!


Because it was so cold, everyone went into the store to wait for the race to start - WOW there were a lot of people there.  I don't mind being in a crowd, but it was actually a little much for even me.
Here are all the girls from the blog that signed up.  Yes Lyn is part of the group, but they only gave shirts to the first 1,000 people that signed up - oops Lyn!  get on it faster next time! (she was actually really nervous and didn't sign up because she didn't know if she wanted to do it.  I was really proud of her!)
Here is me and Allie at the starting line.  She thought I didn't have enough clothing on to stay warm, but I LOVE running in cold weather.  I do so much better in that environment - in fact I was deciding (probably in this picture) that this was the race I was going to break the 30 minute mark!
Here is a group of us after the race (again no pictures of me running, I hate that!) I finished in 30:20 (ahhhh so close!!) but it was a good run and I love that it was a first 5K for everyone in this picture (except me) Way to go friends!

A week later I signed up to do the Susan Koman 5K with Liz.  I have never done it before and when I told Liz that she made big eyes and said "well don't try to break any records or anything" I wasn't really sure what she meant.
Here we are at the beginning of the race.  Geez we are so stinkin cute I can't even stand it :)
OK so this looks like a funny picture of me and Liz, but I took it to show the street lined with people behind us - WOW this was a huge event and I finally understood what Liz meant because you really couldn't run, there were just too many people!
Here is the Gateway at the end of the race - AMAZING to see it this way and I loved being a part of the event.  Like the 24th of July race, I think I would like to do this every year from now on :)

0 comments: