Saturday, November 19, 2011

Big Changes

This morning I got on a plane and flew to Arizona for an interview - pretty grown up huh? Yeah, I thought so too!  I was a little nervous, only because I really really wanted this job and was so excited about the new company.  We went to lunch and talked about the position and what I had been doing with Amsource.  They seemed interested, but it was hard to tell.  We went back to the office and then Gary (my would be boss) said well, I think thats it, so I will just take you to the airport.  OK I thought, but it is about 3 hours before my flight that YOU booked (not a good sign right?) when he dropped me off he said "we'll let you know" and that was it.  Once I was through security, I called Mike and said "I don't think that went very well" but then Gary was calling me on the other line so I switched over.  he said "I thought it was pretty mean to leave you in suspense so I am calling to offer you the job" YEAH!!!  I called Mike back and told him the good news, then got on the plane to fly home.  I walked in the house to balloons, friends and CONGRATULATIONS!

So cute.  Mike called some people as soon as he got off the phone with me and then headed to the store.  There was a balloon that started playing "celebrate good times" when you hit it and Mike said it kept going off in the parking lot which was embarrassing to him. (I love that story)
This is such a great memory and I am really excited about my new job!

2 comments:

Cassie and Travis Hammond said...

Finally an update!! I am going to kill you for posting that pic of me after the race though...

~Rachel said...

Congrats on the new job girl! Is it local? Such an exciting time and way to go Mike for celebrating it right!!