Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Nick!

"Nick what would you like to do for your birthday?" I asked.  "Ummm I wanna go to Subway and sleepover at your house, wait no, I want to make sandwiches at your house and sleepover."
Really? ummm OK (I thought to myself)
We went to Wal-Mart to pick out his sandwich stuff and we went down the craft isle while he picked out some things and kept saying "don't worry, I have a plan."
Oh and by the way -- this boys needs a dog!  I think he picked a sleepover just so he could play with Remi and Lincoln :)


We were sitting at the counter (eating our gourmet birthday sandwiches) and I was telling Nick that me and Keith were brother and sister just like he was with Hannah.  He got a really funny look on his face and said so "Uncle Cam is my Dad's brother?" I said, "no Uncle Cam is married to your mom's sister."  Nick made another funny face and then said "Oh um this is awkward." then pointed to Mike and said "uh I forgot his name." HA!  I thought it was hilarious but Mikes said "Well, that's awesome."
Later Mike started looking at the crafts Nick had picked out.  There were bells, sticks, glitter poof ball things, glue and paper.  Mike looked at me like "what the ????"
But then Nick made us this
A Fire!  I thought it was awesome.  Mike was still confused.
Nick is the first kid that hasn't wanted to sleep on the air mattress in the front room.  He slept in Mikes office and we gave him the ipad to watch a show on.  He loved it!!  I can't wait to see what he picks next year - What an entertaining kid!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You are the coolest aunt ever. I want to go down the craft isle and pick out stuff. I love the fire. What a cute kid and how awesome that you and Mike always do this for your favorite gremlins on their birthdays. Such a fun tradition.

Keith and Allie said...

You are the coolest aunt ever! Mike is a cool uncle too even if Nick can't remember his name! He had such a great time! Thanks for having him!

I'm glad you are catching up on your blog! I can't wait to see what's next!

Rachelle said...

Oh my gosh I seriously kept laughing out loud after I read the part "what's his name?" about mike. Crack up.