Sunday, November 27, 2011

2nd Annual Pig Roast

This is an event that I look forward to.  Yes it is only the 2nd one, but they have both been so great and I have no doubt they will continue that way.  In fact from now on I would like my 24th of July to be Deseret News 10K and this pig roast - what else does a person need?!?!?!
There was a roasted pig again (and yes perfectly delicious after cooking ALL DAY - yum!) a live band, good food and great friends.  I even got to spend part of my evening with some real cowboys - they were so awesome and I could have talked to them all night long (sad, no picture!)

Mike helped cut up the meat this year and I realized we must not have very good knives because with these very nice, very sharp ones he cut right through his finger - oops!
At one point I was listening to the music and I heard Holly say "Keri get over here!" and I turned around to see this
This is Hollys neighbor and her pet (?????) snake.  I tried to ask Mike what he thought of this craziness, but he was long gone - no snakes for him!!
me, Crystal and Holly.  Most of my favorite moments are with these great ladies.
Mike danced again - is this going to be part of the tradition?????
We have an awesome view of the fireworks show they do over the lake to top off the evening.  Great party (as usual) and can't wait for the next one!

0 comments: