Monday, July 28, 2008

Mega Review Monday


I had the chance to spend my "holiday" weekend just the way that I love - watching movies. It doesn't matter to me if it is new movies, re-watching movies, catching up on "missed" movies - this is my favorite way to spend time (double bonus points if Mike wants to see the movie too!!) My brother Ken hadn't seen Batman yet, so obviously I said LET'S GO! We saw it in IMAX and it was AWESOME (yet again) and my offer stands that if you would like to see it - give me a call!!

One of my favorite "geek pod casts" is The Totally Rad Show (free on itunes - I TOTALLY recommend it!) During their review of Batman, Alex (my favorite, the blond) said "I think this movie was a little long. Understand that by a little long I mean if you were to eat a bathtub full of ice-cream you would say that was GOOD but maybe a little too much?" They also said "This movie felt a little long, but I wouldn't change a single thing about it" I COMPLETELY AGREE AND LOVE THIS MOVIE (AND THIS PODCAST!!)

Mike and I finally watched "No Country For Old Men" a shame on our part really because this movie was talked about so much, we should be embarrassed by our late viewing (well I am, Mike doesn't think it matters) Anyway - this movie is incredibly dark, disturbing, creepy, graphic, and . . . .well . . . .I liked it! I wasn't sure at first because it was so different then I thought it would be, but I have let it settle and yes, I liked it - I loved Tommy Lee Jones in this role, and the entire movie is cast so well, written amazing, and shot beautifully.

Lastly, Mike and I watched "Gone Baby Gone" based on a novel and directed by Ben Affleck. Well, Uh, I didn't love this one. It seems strange to me that Ben would pick a movie that would paint Boston in such a bad light - this movie is so over the top in trying to prove that Boston is a cold, dark, heartless place with bad mothers, drug dealers, killers, and everything you would imagine in "the projects." The story takes an interesting twist, but all in all I found myself wondering "How long until it is over?" NEVER a good sign if you are thinking this during a movie!

GOOD NEWS!!! I will be a having a "movie day" this upcomming Sunday. Anyone who knows me, knows that this makes me truly happy. Thank you to the girls participating and I will have lots to blog about!!

3 comments:

#1 Brooke said...

Keri when are you going to finally go see Wall-E? I haven't seen it (and I'm still hesitant about doing so), and I'm waiting for your movie review about it. Because if you think it has merit then it is more likely to be worth my time.

p.s. just use all the tactics I told you about "when going to see a movie by yourself". :)

Hendricksonblog said...

Great news for me since I have "no country for old men" sitting on my counter waiting for sleeping children so I can watch it.
I'm interested in your view of Wall-E also since I hated it but I know most people thought it was great.

Keith and Allie said...

We LOVED Batman too! Christian Bale is such a hottie....too bad he's such a loser in real life! I think we're going to rent 21 tonight....you know livin' in Vegas and all....have you heard anything about that one?

Miss you Keri! Can't wait to see you next week! Hopefully we'll all be healthy by then!