Thursday, February 28, 2008

Remi Update

Remington has settled into a nice little routine of being inside ALL the time, getting his medicine (wrapped in stick cheese), and sleeping on the floor with us. During the day he goes to My Dogs Heaven here in Tooele for doggy day care. He's made a friend in the kennel next to his and the people have really taken to his energetic personality. He's catching treats with no problem and seems to be using his one eye without any issues. His spirits seem high considering the events of the past week. I'm starting to wonder if it's harder on me and Keri than on him?

Keeping his "cone" in working condition has been a full-time job for us and the day care, he's figured out that if he pushes really hard it will bend enough to let him scratch his eye against the couches. I have some visual evidence of the damage.

Here's what his new cone I bought today looks like, pre-Remi:



And here's what he's managed to do in just a week of "normal" use...the lady at the doggy day care says he uses it as a battering ram.




It's now countdown to next Thursday when I take him to get his stitches out, and we can sleep in our bed again.

P.S.
With all the pictures we've been taking we finally broke down and got a new camera to replace my 7 year old dinosaur. Remi had the distinct honor of being our first subject.

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Remington!!!!!
Shocking!!!!!
I was thinking it was nice of you guys to give him that fun of ripping up the dog house pad before he had to have his life altering surgery....
My cone would look like that too if I were him.............

Kate said...

Oh you guys! Poor Remi!! I'm so glad he's okay, and you guys are the best doggy parents ever.

Mama H. said...

Thanks for the update. We've been wondering how "the boy" is doing.... Sounds like better than his parents. Is Keri more excited for Disneyland or stitch removal?
Hope both work out great.