Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Return of the Boy :)

He's Home!!

Of course I burst into tears at the hospital when I first saw him, but Mike reminded me that this is the worst it will look - so I will remind everyone else of that as well :) A big area above the eye was shaved so the doctor could work, but obviously that will grow back. Also, you can see an area on his leg where they shaved for the IV.

I am VERY happy to report that he is definitely acting like himself . . . .well himself on medication, but still it makes me feel a lot better.

So here is what happens when he starts to paw at his eye. It is not fun and we can already tell this will be the hardest part of the recovery. He can't see anything but the cone when he has it on so he walks around in slow motion and tries to get his head as low as possible so he can atempt to see something. He also wants to be close to us, so this makes it very difficult!!
For those of you that are curious (like me) I thought I should add this close up shot. I am sad that this has happened to our boy, but the process has been quite facinating. As the hair grows back and the stitches come out I am sure he will look more and more like himself.
Thank you again so much to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I can not even begin to express how much it means to us (and the boy!)

2 comments:

Mama H. said...

There's no place like home...and you're right, the boy is handsome as ever. We're so happy he's on the mend.

ashley said...

I'm happy Remi is home! Handsome guy. I'd probably cry to Keri!