Sunday, September 21, 2008

Checking In

Mike and I are feeling pretty settled (finally) at our new, temporary housing (thank you again to Clyde and Norma!) Remi is also getting used to his new place, but it is taking him a little longer. Here is a picture of him with Mike adjusting to his new back yard.

Norma went to Disney World with some friends and brought this back for Remi - How cute!
One of the big changes for Remi is that he no longer gets to sleep in the bed with me and Mike. We are trying to train him to sleep in our room, but on the floor. In the long run, this will be great for the new house, but right now - BIG CHANGE! Mike was laying on the floor the other night to help get him used to it - I thought this picture was pretty dang cute.


I thought you all might like to see a picture of my new favorite shirt! Mike and I went out to dinner on Friday night and then we were wandering around the Gateway mall. I saw this shirt at "Hot Topic" and just had to have it!! I think we should all decide the "life lesson" words that could go with each picture -- Money, Power, Life, etc. I LOVE THIS SHIRT!!!

House Update - Mike and I picked our exterior colors yesterday and we are setting up our "pre-construction" meeting. They said that should take about a week. Once we finish they will submit for permit and that will take about 4 weeks. Once they have their permit we are looking at 90 - 120 days for construction completion. Do the math - no way we will close in 2008, but oh well. Once we have our permit I will start a estimated countdown, can't wait!

5 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

That looks like Dave with our kids laying on the floor.

#1 Brooke said...

The things people do for their dogs! That is so nice of Mike to sleep on the floor with Remi! How cute!

Mama H. said...

Keri is too modest to mention that they moved in just after I got back from Florida into a messier-than-usual house. She's been a good sport and is spoiling us with her wonderful cooking. Mike changed out our computer and we selfishly hope their house won't get done TOO soon. We're loving them all, even Remi.

Hendricksonblog said...

I have to say Remi likes me too! He barks in the morning after Mike brings him until I say "Remi" out the back door and then he is good to go the rest of the day. I think he is making sure someone is here and that he is not being left alone.
You should see what he and Winnie did to a blow up octopus sprinkler thing that blew against my neighbors back fence. I always wondered what the innards of those must look like....now I know.
Thats what you get when you leave things against a fence near a dog.
April

Kelseybob said...

Building does take time, but it sure is worth it when it is done.

I think it is really cute that Mike layed on the floor with Remi.