Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our First Overnight Guests!

Allison, Hannah, and Nick were in town this past weekend and we were lucky enough to get them for a night! I couldn't wait to see them, and set up their rooms in our new house! (I wonder if I will ever stop being so excited about the house . . . )

We made and decorated sugar cookies, and the kids decorated some plates while the cookies baked. Here are the fabulous results -



And then there was Remi - the kids LOVED him! It took a moment for them to get used to his size, but it was quick! Before I knew it, Remi was following the kids around and didn't care where Mike or I was! Also, the kids and I were bug hunters (in my jungle house) and Remi was our "Panther" helper - it was so fun!

Here is one of the many pictures I took of Remi and the kids. I was so happy that he was so so docile with the children. It is such a blessing to have a docile animal around little children. (that was for you April)
I think they were the most upset about having to say goodbye to Remi when it was time to go!

Look at the Awesome present that they brought for our house! I am so excited to start hanging things on the wall - but having to decide what wall, height, size of item, etc is killing me!!
Thanks again for coming we had tons of fun!

3 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

We had a fabulous time! We are honored to be the 1st guests! Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess! My kids always love being with you! It's like day camp with Aunt Keri!

Hendricksonblog said...

I love the fonts on the sign. Decorating plates, really? What happened to turning on the oven light and watching them bake?
Your animal is quite docile (notice i used the word quite) but he is missing a few humps (you thought i was going to say eye huh?)
Did the kids want you to run out and get that car DVD player again?

Lizzy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast, I think that Macey will want to decorate a plate with you in a few years :-) We totally need to plan our 17 again girls night...I am so excited!!