Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Catch Up Post

I was going to do a great big long post of everything we have been up to since the 4th of July (which surprisingly has been a lot) but it overwhelmed me so I am going to a couple posts over the next few days. My blog overwhelmed me - did anyone laugh when they read that? I find it a little hilarious like "oh whoa is me, I don't have time to post on my blog" HA HA HA

My good friend Ashley is pregnant with her 1st child and she is having a girl. I found this really cute pattern and made a quilt for her shower. My friend Cindy (that taught me to quilt) told me she wished she had more of a history of all the blankets she had made, so I am putting pictures here. Also exciting is that I did the quilting on this - my first time!


On July 24th I ran the Deseret News 10K and LOVED IT! I know that sounds crazy but the course was really fun and I ran the entire time (which is a big deal for me). During part of the race you get to run by all the people waiting for the Days of 47 parade, that was pretty awesome.

Thank you Kate's sister in law for having a camera! I never have mine because who wants to run with their camera - seriously, do people do that?

After the race I got cleaned up so Mike and I could head up to Heber for the big party with the Jones. We got there and there was a pig roasting! A first for me, I was quite fascinated and YUM :)

I started talking with a girl I had never met before (and sadly do not remember her name) but she needed to run off with her toddler so I volunteered to hold her baby. He was very cuddly and adorable!
These girls wanted to do Karaoke and wanted an "adult" to do it with them - I qualify for that right? This was "who let the dogs out" are you enjoying the "who, who, who" of this picture?
Why do all our pictures turn out like this? oh yeah, because we are not classically good looking...



It was a really fun party and look! Mike was dancing!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I will now judge if my party is a hit or not by if Mike dances :)

Hendricksonblog said...

What in the heck is Mike doing in that pic with the two of you. No wonder he thinks you are not classically good looking while making that face. Seriously the dancing looks kind of like Sam from behind. Oh yeah and someone tell that lady that something is leaking.

Keith and Allie said...

Looks like a good time! I love your quilt, you are so talented! We will always keep and treasure the one you made for Jack!