Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday Bowling

Mike and I decided awhile ago that it would be fun to take nieces and nephews out for their birthdays instead of buying them a toy. We started it about a year ago, but it was too hard to make it work with the Vegas kids....until now! Keith and Allie moved back right after Nicks birthday and we were so excited to start this tradition with their kids :)

We told him to pick somewhere for dinner and an activity. (I love what the kids come up with every year because they all get excited about different things)

Nick picked McDonalds and Bowling



The next 2 pictures are the pure joy that a strike can bring!


The other thing that always makes me laugh is how much kids love cameras. I know that Nick had fun with us, but playing with my camera may have been his favorite part of the night! I also love the pictures we get as a result.



He handed me the camera and said "let me make a funny face too!"


These are the real "everyone trying" scores. Yes, my 4 year old nephew beat me.



Every game we played Nick wanted to play it with Mike and I thought that was adorable. I also love the concentration it takes to play skee ball :) We had a lot of fun with Nick and can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

great tradition. my grandparents did that with us and i always loved the quality time and one on one time with them!
the boys are cute playing skeet ball, looks intense!

Keith and Allie said...

Thanks Aunt Keri & Uncle Mike! I had a blast! You are so nice to take me out for my birthday!
Love, Nick

Hendricksonblog said...

Sorry but that kid is mini Keith to me now. Gotta love fecal matter playland. If kids only knew.

Hendricksonblog said...

I feel so lonely and neglected like Andys toys.
Love, your blog