Thursday, July 8, 2010

My favorite kind of Day

I love the fourth of July because it is all about hanging out with friends killing time until it gets dark. It sounds weird, but it might be one of my favorite holidays :) This year was tons of fun with some of my favorite people.

Trying to find the guy that comes out of the firework. I took a bunch of these pictures and April is in this position in all of them - I love it!

These guys are not "pose for pictures" kind of guys so I love this. Dave has pink eye so we will forgive the closed eye picture.

Here is Matt demonstrating why we don't throw snaps at people kids! it popped on his shirt and left a black mark. Don't tell the young ones, but we all thought it was hilarious
One of my favorite things to do with snaps was drop them down the sewer - this picture makes my heart smile.
We played toss water balloons with towels (does this game even have a name?) I was telling someone at work about it and she had never played, I said "really?" she looked at me like I was crazy and said "yeah we just threw them at each other" I thought a fight would break out, but I guess the kids liked the game because we used 85 balloons playing.

Team Dave and Sam were a force. Then the kids decided the adults should play against each other. They had some awesome technique - check it out!



This game would not have happened without Aprils hard work filling balloons and Angi's special water balloon filler - Here is April demonstrating the possible multiple uses

So glad we remembered to take a picture - Thanks Angi! Then it was time for the show......


April and Matt are some daring firework starters. It is impossible to capture in a picture, but they were mighty close to a lot of flames - good show guys!

We bought these "rockets" that you were supposed to put into the grass. Turns out they were just fountains, but on a long stick. Matt decided to make it an adult sparkler and created quite a finale for our 4th of July. Thanks everyone for the fun time :)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had fun! That is a really cute picture of you and Mike!

Hendricksonblog said...

That post made me laugh through the whole thing. What in the heck was I doing with my arms? Great action shots.
P.S. I seriously ripped my pants in that crouching position while lighting fireworks. They were already mended but I think they are done now. I am glad it was dark and your photo wasn't taken at a different angle.

Keith and Allie said...

Happy 4th! We are so excited we get to celebrate the 24th too! It looks like you had quite the party! I like the shirt you have on. You'll have to tell me where you got it! We'll see you in a few days! Get ready to sweat! It is stinkin' hot here!

Heidi Brown said...

I wish I could have seen Matt in person with the adult sparkler grand finale. Good times.

Lori said...

It was so great meeting you last week! I've always heard such great things about you ... you should seriously be up for Sister Of The Year, helping the Nigbur's move out of h*ll in July ... =) Amazing, amazing, amazing person you are!