Thursday, May 14, 2009

Actually . . . Not so fun

A lot of people have asked me to update them regarding my surgery, so I figured this was the place to do it! The surgery itself was not so bad. Typical mouth stuff, you can't feel most of it, but holding your mouth open for 2 hours sucks. Honestly? The worst part was when the doctor and the assistant started talking pop culture! Here is how one of their conversations went -
"Do you know who Ryan Reynolds is?"
"No, what has he been in?"
"Um, I can't think of anything"
I was sitting in the chair wanting to scream I KNOW WHO HE IS I can name tons of his movies! Then they talked about Star Trek and Wolverine and I really thought I was going to lose my mind! Oh well, at least it kept me entertained.
The doctor was really nice and did a great job, but the surgery is painful and that is that. I am healing well, but this is what I looked like when I woke up this morning.
Ouch!
I know the picture is hideous, but it shows exactly how I am feeling.


Here is a picture of all my medicine. I knew that people (like my mom) would be very interested in what they gave me. Here it is - Lortab, Mobic, Decadron, and Peridex.

So bottom line? Day 2 has been pretty hard, but I am getting through it. I am hoping the swelling and pain is better tomorrow -- cross your fingers for me!!
oh yeah - my brother Keith requested a picture of the inside of my mouth - I will spare you all because it is incredibly gross.
One of my stitches came out last night and Mike had to check for bleeding. Too bad I don't have a picture of his face! He can't stand blood so I think it was pretty awful for him - what a trooper!

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

you look kinda cute, like a whoville person or something.
Save the extra pain killers for me.... I like them.
i am with keith and the inside of the mouth pics but I am kind of a freak that way

Keith and Allie said...

Oh Keri! You poor baby! I hope Mike & Remi are taking good care of you! I'm sure my photo ops next week will top yours! Take care & get feeling better soon!

Mama H. said...

I should have thought to check the blog sooner, since I wanted an update on the surgery and your recovery. Mike said you actually got to eat some soft food today. Hoorah! We hope you feel better soon, but try to take advantage of all the nursing care you can get from Mike & Remi.