Monday, August 4, 2008

Movie Review Monday - Super Sized!

I got to have a movie day on Sunday!! Yeah, I love spending my day at the theater! We only saw 3 movies (a mini movie day to some), but it has been way too long since I have gotten to do this and it was awesome.

We started the day with Wall-E and before I talk about that movie, can I just say something? I love "kid" movies - and obviously I do not think they are just for kids BUT I tend to hate the previews because WOW, they are bad. There was one for some singing and dancing Chihuahuas . . . .um, no thank you. There is a movie coming out this Thanksgiving though called "Bolt" and I was pleasantly surprised at how cute and funny it looked. Also available in 3-D viewing - nice. Mike has already told me no, so ---- any takers? Here is the preview.



Where was I? Oh yeah Waaallll-E . . . . . . . . . . Eveeeee-a

Pixar does it again!!! Seriously I do not want to fight with anyone that didn't like this movie, but . . . . um . . . .I will because WOW I LOVED IT!!! Wall-E was so cute and lovable and Innocent and just wanted to feel close to someone! Plus I loved his reactions to small situations. I know there was the whole "social commentary" but I thought it was great and true and amazing and I would love to meet just one of the genius that become a writer for Pixar! They have NEVER done me wrong - EVER. Thank you.
So this will be short and sweet. X-Files: I want to believe. Why was this movie made? Why was there no supernatural part to this movie? Why did it feel so much longer then the 2 hours that it was? Uh, good thing I saw Wall-E before this, or I would have been VERY upset at the wasted time. Yeah it was that bad.
And to finalize the evening -- Ironman. Yes I am very behind (as are my friends) so we finished the day at the dollar theater and with Iron Man. It was REALLY good and I mean REALLY good, but honestly? Not the greatness of Batman by a long shot. I really enjoyed it and am excited to see what the sequels will bring (because duh there will obviously be some) but the introductions to characters was nice and the effects were nice, but I needed just a little more action. Robert Downey Jr. was a PERFECT cast for this role and I will be excited to see what he does with the role in the future.

Until Next time readers!

. . . .. . . . . .. go see Wall-E (and call me, I will go with you!!)

2 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

So after watching No country for old men and absolutely hating it I had a feeling you were going to love Wall-E too. We my friend are not very movie compatible I'm afraid. Or maybe its that when a movie has some deep underlying meaning it is just too much for my pea brain.
I will give Wall-E one good vote though for the whole "what happens to the fat humans story" I did enjoy those roley poleys and their laziness. I have realized I am just not much of a robot lover in general......remember Short Circuit?.......R2D2 and C3PO are my least favorite on Star Wars.
I think I have finally found my tiny ounce of racism ....ROBOTS

Keith and Allie said...

I'm glad you got to see Wall-E. Very cute! What did Mike think? Anyways we'll go to Bolt with you when we are up for Thanksgiving! Okay? We haven't seen Ironman...we'll have to rent it when it comes out on DVD!