Thursday, August 14, 2008

Baking 101

Nicholas (our nephew) got to stay with us this past weekend! We had a lot of fun with him, and did lots of fun stuff, but I thought these pictures of him making cookies were to cute! I also must say that many people should be VERY proud of me. I hardly stepped in at all and just kept thinking "he is having fun". It was messy, the cookies were not the same size and there were sprinles all over the floor. Guess what though? It didn't matter! The cookies were good and Nicholas loved it!!




Watch the oven and make sure nothing goes wrong!

Tease Uncle Mike with the oven mits while you wait for the cookies!


Decorate and Enjoy!!




5 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

I have got to say that your nephew is the cutest boy I have ever seen. He must have stunning parents! Thanks for being so good to him. I know he had a great time!

Keith and Allie said...

Ummmmm....is that safe for a 2 year old to be using the Kitchenaid by himself! Hmmmm.. Just kidding Keri! You and Mike are the best aunt and uncle ever! Thanks for being so good to our boy!

Hendricksonblog said...

Hey seriously I got my hand caught in my moms and battered the crap out of it one time-----Im kind of a retard though. I am sure he had Mike standing right behind him making sure all rules were being followed to the T. It's nice the kids have you to let them do stuff like that since a lot of times moms are in too big of hurry to let them help.

Keri said...

OK - I do not normally comment on my own blog, but would like to say that YES! We were being very careful with Nick and the mixer, and yes Mike thought it was unsafe so he was being very careful as well. I could also see that Nick is a pretty cautious child, so we were good to go. Just thought I should let everyone know that I am not completely crazy around small children :)

Mama H. said...

I think Mike may inherit the OSHA title. He looks like he's making sure there are no workplace incidents to report.