Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Girls Weekend

I spent this weekend in Walla Walla, Washington (so nice they named it twice!)

My friend Lindsey (blonde) went to school in Washington and had a reunion last Fall. She stayed in an amazing house and when she got back she told me and Erin (darker hair) that we needed to plan a weekend away - so we did! We were there during the balloon stampede weekend in Walla Walla and one week after the Spring Release for all the vineyards. I was so excited!! I have never been on a wine tasting trip before so this was quite a treat!!

This picture was taken outside of L'Ecole 41, which was an old school house (yes we rang the bell that is out front) It was our very first stop when we arrived.

Of course I am a giant cheese ball so I needed a "#1" picture in front of the sign. My first tasting!

This is just one of the 10 million pictures I took of the AMAZING house we stayed in. If you ever find yourself in Walla Walla I HIGHLY recommend it. (notice the game on the table?)

Could I be any happier? We went to the buty winery (pronounced "Beauty" which is the maiden name of one of the owners) Every year they produce one or two varieties of wine that will never be added to their regular label and call them "Beast" They do not always have the "Beast" wine because they go so fast and I was very lucky to get my hands on some - How great is this? I am not sure I even want to open them!! (Mike thinks I am crazy)

Here we all are at the "Glow Show" for the Balloon stampede. They inflate the balloons and then light them up at the same time. There is also a fireworks show and I was very impressed with how many people showed up. (for such a small town)

I had a GREAT time and it went by way too fast. Mike and I are already talking about planning a trip to go back - anyone is welcome to join us!!

2 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Keri and free time. When did this start happening??? Soooo, how was monopoly since I assume you played and didnt just set it out to take the picture(although I wouldnt put that past you)?

Kate said...

Keri I miss you!! Your trip looked fun and that house in the first picture--so cool!