Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just keep running, running, running.....

You have to think of Nemo to get the tune of my title (which I stole from the Gibbs sisters, thank you ladies!)

Saturday was the WestFest 5K which I decided to run with the girls at the last minute (see my high 'late register' number?) Running is a funny, awful, wonderful, strange thing to me. When I was training for Ragnar I kind of started thinking "OK I guess I am a runner now" not realizing that to actually be a "runner" you have to be SUPER consistent with it. Time for me to get back into the "training" side of things based on my time on Saturday. The other problem is that why do we all focus so much on our time? Before all this I couldn't even run a mile (not even close) so why can't I celebrate being part of a 5K? Running in a race that I wouldn't have dreamed of doing a year ago! The mind games associated with running make me crazy but I appreciate that they push me to do more. I signed up for a 10K on the 24th and need to get going!

The best part of Saturday was being there with so many friends. I finished last out of everyone, but I am trying not to focus on that (see above). We are a wild crowd and I wouldn't want it any other way. I am pretty sure that everyone wanted to be part of our fun :) Great job to all the ladies that got ribbons and thank you for keeping me motivated! Hope we all do more races together!

7 comments:

~Rachel said...

You should be proud for running! I wish I could get the motivation to do that! Someday! Good work girl!

Hendricksonblog said...

I'm not caring about winning or being the fastest either so you can stay my friend.

Hendricksonblog said...

Oh yeah I forgot to say BOO YAH!!!

Mama H. said...

This old woman can't imagine how you did Ragnar or how anyone does a marathon. Good luck with the 10k

Keith and Allie said...

Way to go Keri! We think you are awesome! I can't wait to see you next Tues. Thanks for coming to help! You are the best! Maybe now that I'll be closer we can go running sometime together while Keith watches the kids! :)

Lisa said...

I like you. And I like your running! I think these "training" for races might be taking the fun out of running for me a little bit. Time will tell. Run with me anytime.

Hendricksonblog said...

oh yeah, I knew it was nemo from the start