Sunday, December 27, 2009

All the better to see you with my dear

Last Monday Mike got lasik eye surgery. He has been wanting to do it for a VERY long time and they were able to fit him in before Christmas. He is so glad that he did it and I was surprised how easy the recovery was. Some drops, a few rules and he was back at work on Wednesday - WOW! Technology is fabulous - don't you think?

Here is what he looked like when I picked him up on Monday. I pulled up to the curb and he just stood there and stared at me trying to decide who I was (that freaked me out a little) but being blurry after the surgery is normal (he said).

Here is what Mike described as the worst part of the recovery. These very beautiful and stylish eye shields that he has to sleep with for a week. Mike is not a back sleeper so this has been horrible for him!



and for those of you that are as fascinated as I was with the whole process - Here is Mikes actual surgery! They give a copy to all the patients, which I thought was pretty cool. A few parts are hard to watch if have issues with eyes and it is a little long, but very interesting.
Mike says that if you are thinking about it - DO IT! He is very happy and we both think it was completely worth it.

3 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

I WILL NOT/CANNOT watch that video! I am freaked out by the whole thing! I wish I were brave enough/rich enough to do it for myself! I guess I am just glad I look so stylish in glasses! Congrats Mike! We are glad it went so well!

Mama H. said...

Maybe this great experience will give Clyde the courage to try this. He's talking about it, but so far has settled for changing in his glasses for contacts.

Kate said...

Um I have issues with eyes. YIKES!

Isn't Mike glad he got properly groomed prior to this treatment? I thought so. I just bought new glasses today. I'm so two thousand and late.