Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Did that really just happen?

Here it is everyone ---- my first blog post WITHOUT ANY PICTURES!! Can you believe it? not me, here goes.

I am driving to work yesterday listening to X96 morning show, drinking my coffee, stuck behind a truck driving way under the speed limit. The car in the other lane is driving way too slow also, and those of us stuck seemed to be stacking up. I suddenly see a spark in the road (weird, I think, was that a cigarette?) The next spark is much bigger and I quickly realize that the trailer from the truck in front of me is no longer attached, and dragging in the road. UH WHAT??????

I am not kidding when I tell you that I had a moment of feeling like I was in a video game. Slow Down? Speed Up? Change Lanes (even though I can't??) The trailer started to veer off to the right (into the dirt) and I thought that would be it . . . . .not quite. Because the speed limit is 75 mph the trailer was kicking up some big rocks and debris heading in all directions. I found a hole and changed lanes right away. Whew!

Before I knew it, the trailer was heading my way again! I don't know how it happened, but the trailer was back in the road and matching my speed. I had to slam on my brakes while the trailer passed right in front of my car and finally stopped in the median. After I stopped shaking I thought to myself --- did that really just happen?

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

That makes me sick to my stomach but Dave is laughing out loud. Two totally different personalities I think.

Kate said...

Oh MY!!!! Totally scary and I can't believe you didn't pee your pants. Or maybe you did and you just don't want to admit it.

Heather said...

It's proably a good thing you don't have a picture for this one. That's so scary! It made me sick to my stomach too, but I have to admit that I did laugh at the part about feeling like you were in a video game. I'm so glad you're OK!