Sunday, January 9, 2011

Here we go Again

A few weeks ago Mike and noticed a small circle bump thing on Remi's leg - we thought maybe Lincoln had been playing a little too hard, but it never healed. I took Remi to the vet to get it checked out and the doctor said "it's a tumor. We can remove it and he should be fine." Of course this all made me think of his eye and I said "you need to remove his leg???" I realize now that the doctor was trying to hold in a laugh, but replied "no, I think we will just remove the tumor" and I felt like an idiot.

His surgery was yesterday and he did great. We will have the pathology results in about a week and will know more at that point. Lincoln won't leave him alone (as usual) and he is pretty slow and groggy from his medicine, but still good ol Remi.

I didn't grow up with pets and everyone knows that Remi came to me through Mike. I wasn't sure I wanted him and was terrified of his size and destructiveness. Over the years (as many people know) he has more then grown on me and I am a full on "dog person" now. I appreciate that Remi has made me realize just how much dogs become a part of your family.

Thank you everyone for checking on him and yes Mike is happy that his bandage is blue!


4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Poor guy! I am glad that he is doing good :)

Keith and Allie said...

We love you Remi & hope you are feeling better soon!

Hendricksonblog said...

I am not so much a dog person but in the world of dogs remi comes in at the top. He is a good dog and getting old. Old dogs seems so much cuter. He has provided us w/some good funny stories at our house even if at the time his escape tactics made me swear. I think he has had enough surgeries though so let him know he can stop now.

mamahen said...

I feel so bad that I didn't know about this. Glad the boy is healing up and we'll hope for happy lab results. Not much of a birthday week for Mike.