Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So Long, Farewell

I am typing this before I go to bed on the eve of my Ragnar departure.

It is still so unreal to me that the race is finally here - wasn't it a million years ago that Kate told me about it? I am more nervous then I have admitted to anyone, including myself! I really want to do well and prove to myself that I am stronger then I think. Isn't that kinda the point of running? If not, then I still don't get it. The past few months of training have taught me a lot about myself, my abilities, and definitely my weaknesses. I haven't even done the race yet, and I am happy to have been a part of it. Thank you to Kate for getting me involved, thank you to Keith for joining the team, and thank you to everyone in my van for the adventure we are about to have!

Stay tuned for a post about my love or hate of this event - I don't know what to expect!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Good Luck!!!!!

Lisa said...

You will do awesome. There is part of me who is wishing I were running too!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Just remember even if you hate it you at least have your cool zip up jacket to have.